How your information is used
Freshpac Teas and Coffees Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our customers and users of our products that communicate (online or offline) with us, at events, over the phone, through our mobile applications, websites and social media platforms.
We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The type of information that we will collect on you and you voluntarily provide to us includes:
- Your name
- Your business name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Survey responses
- IP address
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your address, purchases, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
- You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however, we require at least the information above in order for us to deal with you as a prospect or customer in an efficient and effective manner.
- The legal basis for processing your data is based on our compliance with a legal obligation that we will have requested at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
We use your information
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- Make available our products and services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example we may provide you with details of products that match a product, which you may have purchased or enquired about previously;
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, mobile apps, and other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a product or service you’ve bought or used from us. If we do, it’s possible that we’ll use independent research and feedback providers to act on our behalf;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website and mobile apps;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, so we can serve you better;
- Contact you about products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising and promotions; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
We may share your personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk); or
- From time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. However, all the information we share will be collected and anonymised, so neither you nor any of your devices can be identified from it.
How we keep you updated on our products and services
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously consented to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by calling our Customer Care Team on (0)1986 873410.
Your rights over your information
- Right to Access Your Personal InformationYou have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed.We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
- Right to Correction Your Personal InformationIf any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
- Right to Stop or Limit Our Processing of Your DataYou have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
- For more information about your privacy rightsThe Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
How long we keep your information for
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for as long as is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy, after which point it will be deleted.
Giving your reviews and sharing your thoughts
Data security is of great importance to Freshpac Teas and Coffees Ltd and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- Never asking you for your passwords;
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
A cookie is a piece of information that is saved to the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It remembers information about the configuration of your computer or mobile device and will remember that you’ve visited before. This improves your website browsing experience by storing information so that you don’t have to give it several times.
Cookies may be either persistent or session cookies. A persistent cookie with remain valid and functional until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date); in contrast a session cookie will expire when the web browser is closed by the user.
We use the information gathered by cookies to measure information about our website usage. We can learn which pages on our site are being viewed and how many visitors are using different sections. This allows us to assess how useful the site in and improve the usability of the website on an on-going basis.
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Unit B, Broadway Drive, Halesworth IP19 8QR